UrgoStart® Plus Pad
UrgoStart® Plus Pad is an innovative, patented dressing developed by Urgo Medical composed of two exclusive technologies, TLC-NOSF Healing Matrix (NOSF* impregnated in a TLC Healing Matrix) and poly-absorbent fibres.
UrgoStart® Plus Pad is indicated for all stages (from the desloughing stage to complete healing) of:
- Exuding wounds
- Chronic wounds
- Leg ulcers
- Pressure injuries
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Long standing acute wounds.
- UrgoStart® Plus Pad facilitates the management of minor bleeding wounds. However it should not be used for heavily bleeding wounds.
- In order not to delay any optimal treatment, UrgoStart® Plus Pad is contra-indicated in cancerous wounds and fistula wounds which may reveal a deep abscess.
- Do not use when there is a known sensitivity to UrgoStart® Plus Pad.
- The soft-adherent layer of UrgoStart® Plus Pad adheres to latex surgical gloves. Therefore it is recommended that the tabs be used to facilitate application of the dressing.
- If the wound shows signs of local infection, it is recommended that anti-microbial treatment is used first before starting treatment with UrgoStart® Plus Pad.
- If an atypical ulcer presents induration or over-granulation, treatment with UrgoStart® Plus Pad should only be initiated after verifying that ulcer deterioration is absent, to prevent any delay in diagnosis.
- In the absence of clinical data regarding Epidermolysis Bullosa (even for longstanding lesions), the use of UrgoStart® Plus Pad is not recommended.
- Stinging or even painful sensations may be reported at the start of the treatment. These are usually linked to the healing process and the need to suspend treatment is rare.
- During desloughing, the wound may appear to get larger due to the gradual elimination of slough.
- Concomitant use with a cream, an ointment, an emulsion is not recommended.
- UrgoStart® Plus Pad must not be used in a hyperbaric chamber.
- Sterile individual packaging, for single use only: re-using a disposable dressing can lead to the risks of infection.
- Do not re-sterilise the dressing.
- (*) Check that the sterile protector is intact before use. Do not use if
package is damaged.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
For Highly exudating wounds:
|Product Code||Product Size||Units/Box|