2-layer compression bandage system (reduced compression 20mmHg)
- UrgoK2® is a two-layer compression bandage system, benefiting from the PresSure system
- Layer 1- KTECH: short-stretch bandage, providing compression, protection, and absorbency
- Layer 2 – KPRESS: cohesive long-stretch bandage, providing the additional compression necessary to achieve the therapeutic pressure and securing the bandages in place.
- Efficacy and compliance thanks to the unique PresSure system technology
- Accurate pressure of 20mmHg achieved from the first application
- Pressure and position maintained for up to 7 days1
- High level of patient comfort day and night1
- Treatment of venous or mixed aetiology leg ulcers (i.e. patients with an ABPI > 0.6)
- Treatment of venous oedema and lymphoedema that requires a reduced level of compression
- Arterial conditions (aterial of predominantly arterial ulcers; known or suspected arterial disease).
- Ankle Brachial Pressure Index (ABPI) <0.6.
- Patients suffering form diabetic microangiopathy, ischaemic phlebitis, septic thrombosis.
- Ulceration due to infection.
- Allergy to any of the components
- Check that the ABPI > 0.6 using Doppler ultrasound before prescribing the bandage system.
- In the event of diabetes, heart failure or advanced microvascular disease, use the compression system with close medical monitoring and after appropriate treatment.
- In case of peri-ulcer infectious dermatosis, treat infection before starting a treatment with the compression system.
- In case of an ulcer from rare origin (vasculitis, haemopathy, pyoderma, gangrenosum,…) the compression system should only be used following specialist referral.
- The efficacy of UrgoK2 (or UrgoK2 Lite) has been tested and validated for the application of KTECH (or KTECH LITE) and KPRESS together.
- The PresSure System has been designed to aid application of the bandages; it is important to follow the instructions carefully to achieve the recommended therapeutic pressure.
- If any difficulty arises, consult your doctor or clinician immediately.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
|Product Code||Product Size||Units/Box|
|100400||Ankle 18-25CM||1 kit|
|100401||Ankle 25-32CM||1 kit|
Supplied in kits containing 2 components: 1 KTech + 1 KPress
- Junger M, et al. Comparison of interface pressures of three compression bandaging systems used on healthy volunteers. J Wound Care. 2009;18(11): 474,476-80.