What is a personal data?
- Personal data means any information that can identify you directly or indirectly.
What personnal data do we processed?
- Personal data we collect from users of the Site may be:
- Personal data that you provide (e.g. through a contact form): the type of personal data we may collect will be determined by the nature of the services you request.
- Personal data that we collect or generate automatically when you visit the Site by using Cookies, in particular to improve your experience and produce statistics: pages visited, dates and times of access, preferred content, operating system, type of browser used, etc.
What is the data controller?
- The data controller is the Company as defined above.
For what purposes do we process your personal data?
- Your personal data may be collected for the following purposes:
- To produce statistical analyses, particularly of Site traffic
- To manage and improve the Site for optimal user browsing
- To manage and send emails or newsletters and commercial prospecting to users who gave their consent
- To manage, process and respond to users’ questions, requests and enquiries
- To conduct our business in compliance with the applicable legal and regulatory obligations.
What are the legal bases for the processing of your personal data?
- Legal basis to process user’s personal data are:
- a legal obligation: we may need to process your personal data to comply with applicable laws/regulations (e.g. in the event of a report of an adverse reaction to one of our products).
- our legitimate interest: we may process your personal data based on our legitimate interests in communicating or managing our interactions with you regarding our products and services.
To whom are your personal data transmitted?
- User’s personal data that we process will only be accessible by a limited list of recipients with a need to know in accordance with the purposes described in this policy or where required by law, including but not limited to:
- the departments and personnel of our Company and other legal entities of Urgo Group;
- our Company’s suppliers and service providers (in particular those managing and hosting the Site) who may be called upon to access users’ personal data for purposes strictly necessary for their work;
- to the competent authorities in certain cases defined by the law.
How long will your personal data be kept?
- The personal data collected is kept and used for a period of time in accordance with the legislation and/or standards in force. Accordingly, the personal data collected is deleted upon the occurrence of one of the following events:
- the end of the retention period.
- exercise of the right of deletion by a user in accordance with the applicable regulations and the terms and conditions specified in the section ” What are your rights?” below.
How is your personal data protected?
- Our Company applies the appropriate and commercially reasonable technical and organizational security measures to keep confidential and to protect the personal data processed, taking into consideration the state of art of technology and the cost of implementation. However, we cannot guarantee that these measures will prevent all risks of disclosure of personal data and we shall not be held responsible for any lack of security, particularly in the event of fraudulent behavior by a third party or in the event that this lack of security is due to the user.
Where is your personal data transferred to?
- Urgo Group, to which the Company belongs, is an international group, so we collect and transfer personal data on a global scale, which means that we may have to transfer your personal data outside your country.When we transfer your personal data outside the European Union or the European Economic Area, we ensure that it is protected and transferred in compliance with applicable legal requirements.However, with regard to the transfer of personal data collected by third party cookies, please refer to the section “Cookies” below.
What are your rights?
- You have the right of information, access, rectification and deletion of your personal data.
You also have the right to request the limitation of the processing of your personal data or to object to such processing or to request the portability of your personal data. These rights are exercised to the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations.These rights may be exercised by the User, without having to give a reason and at any time, by contacting by e-mail “firstname.lastname@example.org” or by post to “Délégué à la Protection des Données, 15 Avenue d’Iéna, 75116 Paris-France”.To manage your request efficiently, please:
- indicate the Urgo Group company or Company you are in contact with
- indicate which processing operation(s) is (are) concerned
- indicate the right(s) you wish to enforce
How do we manage Cookies?
- What is a Cookie?
- What Cookies do we use on the Site?
What is a third-party cookie?
Site functions use services offered by third parties. If you give your consent, these third parties will store Cookies which will enable you to view content hosted by these third parties directly on the Site or share our contents. Via these Cookies, these third parties will collect and use your browsing data for their own purposes, in accordance with their confidentiality policy. To exercise your rights over the data collected by third parties, or for any question concerning this processing, you can contact them directly.
Third party Cookies: Youtube
Videos embedded directly from the YouTube video platform are available on the Site. With your consent or by clicking on videos, the “YouTube” service offered by Google Inc (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View CA 94043 USA, Los Angeles, California, USA) uses unnecessary Cookies. The information and personal data collected by these Cookies may be transferred outside the European Union or the European Economic Area, including to the United States. US authorities may access your personal data collected by Youtube Cookies for security and surveillance purposes.Google Inc. may also transfer these information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information and data collected by these Cookies on Google Inc.
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enhanced-tracking-protection-firefox-desktop
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10607
- Safari: https://help.apple.com/safari/mac/9.0/?lang=en#/sfri11471
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
- Android system: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en
- Apple system: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- The Company’s official Facebook and Instagram accounts may allow users to post their content. Users are informed that the content published on these social networks can be seen by any third party, and that users are required to be vigilant when uploading and publishing personal data on these sites or applications. The Company decline all responsibility for any damage caused by third parties resulting from the publication of their personal data by users.
Links to third party sites
- The Site may provide links to sites, applications and services other than those of the Company which maybe operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the processing of personal data by these third-party sites. You should therefore refer to the privacy policies of these third-party sites for further information.
Use of the Site by minors
- The Site is not directed to persons under the age of sixteen (16) and we do not knowingly collect personal data from such individuals. If you are under the relevant age of consent in your jurisdiction, you will need your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use the Site. Please consult with your parent or legal guardian before using the Site. If you are providing us with Personal Data of individuals under the age of sixteen (16), you represent that you have the appropriate authority to do so, and that you can demonstrate such authority upon our request.
Law and jurisdiction