UrgoStart® Plus Border
A soft-adherent TLC-NOSF matrix is combined with polyacrylate poly-absorbent fibres, which guarantee wound cleaning. A vapour permeable waterproof outer film with silicone adhesive on the edges.
UrgoStart® Plus Border is indicated for all stages (from the desloughing stage to complete healing) of:
- Exuding wounds
- chronic wounds
- leg ulcers
- pressure injuries
- diabetic foot ulcers
- long standing acute wounds.
- UrgoStart® Plus Border facilitates the management of minor bleeding wounds. However it should not be used for heavily bleeding wounds.
- In order not to delay any optimal treatment, UrgoStart® Plus Border is contra-indicated in cancerous wounds and wounds which may reveal a deep abscess.
- Do not use when there is a known sensitivity to UrgoStart® Plus Border
- As the UrgoStart® Plus Border includes a super-absorbent layer, the central pad should not be cut. However, the adhesive edges can be cut if necessary using sterile scissors to fit different wound or body shapes.
- If the wound shows signs of local infection, it is recommended that antimicrobial treatment is used first before starting treatment with UrgoStart® Plus Border.
- If an atypical ulcer presents induration or over-granulation, treatment with UrgoStart® Plus Border should only be initiated after verifying that ulcer deterioration is absent, to prevent any delay in diagnosis.
- Regarding Epidermolysis Bullosa (even for long-standing lesions), the use of UrgoStart® Plus Border is not recommended.
- Stinging or even painful sensations may be reported at the start of the treatment. These are usually linked to the healing process and the need to suspend treatment is rare.
- During desloughing, the wound may appear to get larger due to the gradual elimination of slough.
- Concomitant use with a cream, an ointment, an emulsion is not recommended.
- UrgoStart® Plus Border must not be used in a hyperbaric chamber.
- Sterile individual packaging, for single use only: re-using a disposable dressing can lead to the risks of infection.
- Do not re-sterilise the dressing.
- (*) Check that the sterile protector is intact before use. Do not use if
package is damaged.
|Product Code||Product Size||Units/Box|